I'm writing today from my office in my new house. The past few weeks I've been battling a nest of Carpenter Bees. Carpenter Bees, bore holes through wood. I have blocked off the three entrances where they have been entering into our home. I have used QuikCrete on two of the entrances, I have used 'Great Stuff' and little screen patches. These bees are relentless.
Anyways, I was semi-successful at blocking the males out of the entry ways. My wife and I came into the basement to do some laundry yesterday morning, and the mama bees had made their way into the basement. They had no way out, so they went the other way. I've killed about 8 bees in the past 24 hours. It has been quite stressful. I even sat in the crawl space of our basement today for around a half hour to see if I could find where they were coming in at. None came in during that time. Of course!
I am learning a lot from these bees. They are diligent creatures. They want to survive. They want to make more baby bees and keep boring into wood. That is their purpose in life. Lately, in my own life, I have been a whiner. I have been a victim.
My job is very stressful right now. Not everything I would like done on our house is done right now. My feet still hurt from a run I did back in April. I have been so focused on the negative.
I need to be diligent, like the bees, in being positive and focus on the things that are going well. My wife is pregnant and we have a baby on the way. I have a lot of favor in my work place. I am well respected and loved by many there. I have my own house. I have 2 cars that are paid off. We have a little bit of debt associated with the purchase of this home, but it is not crippling. We are doing ok for our age.
I guess if it was easy to be positive and focused on the good things in life, everyone would be doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment